Friday 3 February 2012

And the winner is...


First things first. The answer I was looking for in the Somewhereto Start From treasure hunt was: “In the night, Helen’s brave friends deconstructed the counterfeit hotel”. No, I’ve no idea what it’s supposed to mean, either.

I had a good response to the competition, with over 50 correct entries coming in. I had initially thought it might attract a lot more than that, but as I found out it isn’t easy to motivate people to join in with a promotion like this, even if you’re not charging anything and you’re offering a decent prize. Still, I’m very grateful to everybody who took the time to enter and also to my friends who helped spread the word via Facebook links and Twitter re-tweets. It’s great to know there’s a little network of hugely supportive people out there that are prepared to step in and help me avoid falling flat on my face.

So, without further ado... the results, as selected by Random.org’s random sequence generator!

Congratulations to Jane Retallick from Bristol, holder of ticket number 34 and winner of £50 to spend at Amazon. The second number on the list was 44, which means Amanda Saint from London received the £10 runner-up prize. Well done to you both; I hope you enjoy your purchases.

Thank you again to all the entrants; I really appreciate the interest many of you have shown in my writing.

Also, in a lovely demonstration of the theory that what goes around comes around, I've just won £50 worth of book tokens in the National Book Tokens / Indiebound UK promotion. Whoo-hoo!

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Well done to the winners - and you, Dan.

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a great idea, Dan, and how lovely that you won something too.

Congratulations to the winners.

Regards
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all! :]

marion